Wednesday April 20, 2016 | 8:30 – 11:30 am | Tickets Required |
Aging Action Initiative 3rd Convening
Join Aging Action Initiative work group members, policy makers, and other colleagues from across the county as we come together to shape the future of aging in Marin. Share your unique perspective as we explore what’s next for:
- Influencing Policy,
- Aligning Community Outreach, and
- Coordinating Action
This convening will be your opportunity to learn more about the full landscape of aging related county-wide initiatives currently underway and to help us weave them together.
Did you know?
- The Aging Action Initiative’s 4 work groups have launched 9 action projects, producing more than 13 different pilot programs or events in just 18 months?
- More than 8 different aging related collective efforts are currently underway in Marin?
- Three of our communities have already been designated as “Age Friendly” by the World Health Organization?
- New data on older adults in Marin is now available from recent MCF and County needs assessments?
Don’t miss this unique, informative, and engaging opportunity to appreciate accomplishments, expand and strengthen our relationship network, and deepen our community impact.
Get in on the Action
When: Wednesday April 20th, 8:30am-11:30am
Where: Embassy Suites, San Rafael CA
How: Register now at http://aaiconvening3.bpt.me
About Aging Action Initiative
The purpose of the Aging Action Initiative is to promote a county-wide age-friendly environment, especially for those in need, collectively created by a strong network of aging service providers through public education, policy advocacy, and service coordination. The initiative is a collective effort of over 65 different agencies, grassroots organizations, commissions and neighborhood groups, funded by the County of Marin, and coordinated by MarinSpace.
To learn more, take a look at the AAI Fact Sheet.